|Ages||Age 8, up to Under 20 level|
|Groups||Foundation | Fundamentals | Sprints | Endurance | Multi-Events|
|When||Tuesday & Thursday (evening)|
Coaches may put on extra sessions. Please check the session schedule for upcoming sessions
|Where||Eastbourne Sports Complex|
Location can vary where extra sessions are provided. Please check the session schedule for more detail
|Contact our Coaching team|
Darlington Harriers & Athletics Club offer coaching, training and competition for all juniors from age 8 onward, right through to U20 level
In all aspects of athletics, our DBS checked volunteer coaches follow recognised training and coaching models/pathways provided as part of official courses undertaken with England Athletics.
Our Junior teams represent the club in Track & Field and Cross-Country competitions locally, regionally and nationally.
Special Guest Coaching
As well as our own excellent coaches, we work with external providers to help support our athletes and often have guest coach sessions. These session are often high level, and former, athletes, all provided to train, encourage, and support our Juniors through the respective sessions.
Recently, our Juniors have seen success across all disciplines:
- NEYDL Track & Field Division 2S Winners (composite team with Allerton Juniors)
- Multiple Medallists at North East and Northern Track & Field Championships
- NYSD Cross-Country:
- U13 Boys Winners (Team & Individual)
- U13 Girls Winners (Team & Individual)
- U15 Girls Winners (Team & Individual)
- U17 Men Winners (Team)
- U17 Ladies Winners (Individual)
- North Eastern Cross-Country:
- U13 Boys (Individual Gold and Team Silver)
- U13 Girls (Individual Gold)
- U15 Girls (Team Bronze)
- U17 Men (Team Bronze)
- U20 Ladies (Individual Gold)
- Northern Cross-Country Relays U13 Boys Bronze
- Northern Road Relays U17 Men Bronze
Want To Know More?
Whether you want to run fast, jump high, throw far, or anything else athletics related, our Juniors section is the right place to be.
We’re friendly, fun and welcoming, so just get in touch with our coaching team with your query (or leave a comment below with your question) and they’ll be more than happy to assist and point you, or your child, in the right direction.