Up & Coming Events
- NEYDL AGM – 12th November
- NYSD XC Croft – 21st November
- Croft 5k – 4th December 10:30
- NYSD XC Summerhill, Hartlepool – 5th December
- McTaggart Trot – 19th December
- Club Handicap – December TBC
- Jolly Holly Jog – 28th December
- NYSD XC Ormesby Hall – 9th January
- Temple Newsam Ten – 9th January
- Brass Monkey Half Marathon – 16th January
- Marathon Paarlauf – 23rd January
- NYSD XC Richmond – 6th February
- Muddy Boots – 6th February
- NYSD XC Whitby – 6th March
How do I?….
- I have a question or want to tell you something
- I want to sign up for an event
- I want to attend a training session
- I want to purchase kit
- I want to claim a club record
- I want to read about our clubs history
- I want to tell our members about our business or see what business they support
- I want to see what discounts are available to me
- I want to read our clubs processes or policies
Big shout out to Hugo Douglas-Reeves, Lottie Graves and Lily Thompson who all picked up awards at the North East Grand Prix annual awards night at Gateshead Stadium after all three of them performed exceptionally well over the 6 events. More on this story can be found here
Sunday saw a number of Harriers head to Middlesboro for the ASDA Foundation 10k race on a breezy morning. John Clifford was first home for the club finishing 4th overall and first V50 with Shirley Gibson also a category winner in the F70 category. Podium places for Catherine Anderson and Ian Barnes in their respective categories with excellent performances right through the group.
Michael Fretter missing from the results ran a 52:43 for Dartford Harriers and Dana Birkett 61.40 as unafilliated. Full results can be found here
It’s also good to see Stephen Dent supporting RBLI by getting involved in the Tommy 10k this weekend as part of their ongoing fundraising running the 10km route in 46.17. More details of the charity and the upcoming event can be found here and results from the mornings event here
We had three of our club members at the Guy Fawkes 10mile race an event which is certainly testing with a few climbs to keep everyone interested! Simon Daniels was first home of the three runners but Val Clarke was 2nd in her age category and David Nalder 3rd in his so good performances all round.
results from the mornings race can be found here
In Other News
You may have seen some news regarding Track development at Eastbourne Complex which is very exciting news and something the club has been working with the council on for quite some time now. Tomorrow sees this proposal officially being signed off but expect work to begin in Spring 2022 with a new relayed track, security fencing, better parking, lighting, storage and changing facilities.
More information can be found here but it’s very exciting news for the club!
Don’t forget the club has some vents coming up which will require your support where possible if you aren’t running that is. We have Croft XC, Croft 5km, McTaggart Trot and the marathon paarlauf (in Jan 2022). Get signed up or help your club out! Thank you