Up & Coming Events
- Northern Road Relays – 18th September
- 130th Year anniversary Games – 22nd September
- NYSD XC Acklam – 3rd October
- London Marathon – 3rd October
- Kielder Marathon – 3rd October
- Manchester Marathon – 10th October
- Yorkshire Marathon – 17th October
- NYSD XC Foxrush – 24th October
- NYSD XC Croft – 14th November
- Croft 5k – 4th December 10:30
- NYSD XC Summerhill, Hartlepool – 5th December
- Club Handicap – December TBC
- NYSD XC Ormesby Hall – 9th January
- NYSD XC Richmond – 6th February
- NYSD XC Whitby – 6th March
How do I?….
- I have a question or want to tell you something
- I want to sign up for an event
- I want to attend a training session
- I want to purchase kit
- I want to claim a club record
- I want to read about our clubs history
- I want to tell our members about our business or see what business they support
- I want to see what discounts are available to me
- I want to read our clubs processes or policies
There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you doDerek Jeter, former professional baseball player
Last week we mentioned that Amanda Waller was in action at the Keswick Mountain Festival, well results have now been released which saw Amanda finish in 3hrs 23.11 for 279th place. Barry Foster was also in action on the day at the 5km event finishing in 27th place in 25:45.
Full results for all events can be found here
On the 5th September Lee Johnson and Amy Pickworth were in action at the Bucharest events, taking in a race as part of their holiday back in Lee’s homeland. More detail of the events taking place can be found here
Saturday saw the Northern Athletics staged road relays take place at Redcar. We had a number of teams on show on the day. The team of Rowan Steel, Finn Pentland-rice and Daniel l’anson finished 7th in the U13 boys race, Zara Jones, Libby Hammond and Savannah Tarn 9th in the U15 girls race with Melissa Boon, Mia Wetherill and Macy Kelly also 9th in the girls U17 race.
In the senior mens event the team of Lee Johnson, Paul Allan, Simon Rogers, Harry Wilson, Adam Russell and James Largey finished 36th. Well done all runners.
Full results can be found here
Saturday also saw Mark Milner take on the 100km Hardmoor challenge which he did with is usual aplomb. Mark finished his 65.8mile run (took a slight detour!) in a time of 15hrs 57 minutes and 7 seconds. Oh and it had over 8200ft of elevation over the distance (just a small matter….)
The Oyston family were also in action on the same day but doing the event as a relay with Stephen and Shelly joining club members Paul and Kerry to complete the course. Results for these events can be found here
On a busy Saturday for club runners, David Nalder took on Snape 10km race, a race which saw David take 1st place in the V60 category and clean up at the buffet table as the whole village bakes cakes!! Not sure which achievement i’m most proud of David! David finished the race in 48.36 for 17th and the three scones were gone in a minute. Yes….Scone in 60 seconds!
John Cook was the lone Harrier at the scenic off-road Serpentine race of approximately 10k route which is on paths and trails around Hardwick Park and Bishop Middleham. John finished the event in 64.04 with full results here
Our Young pentathletes are in competition at the North Eastern Counties today, so no doubt we will hear more about their achievements through Dave Bell and his fantastic write-ups!
In Other News
Sam Richardson gave birth to baby Lois on the 6th September at 15.06 weighing in at 6lbs 4oz. I’m sure you all wish Sam and husband Dan a massive congratulations.
In not so good news, Emma Morley was knocked off her bike this week whilst cycling along Staindrop road sustaining a fractured skull and broken bone in her shoulder. Speedy recovery to Emma and hope to see her up and about soon.
Last week’s Great North Run sounded like a real pants affair….and so it transpired!
Don’t forget we have our 130th anniversary games on the 22nd and would be great to see many of you there to support!