Up & Coming Events
- NYSD XC Foxrush – 24th October
- Middlesboro 10k – 7th November
- NEYDL AGM – 12th November
- NYSD XC Croft – 14th November
- Croft 5k – 4th December 10:30
- NYSD XC Summerhill, Hartlepool – 5th December
- Club Handicap – December TBC
- Jolly Holly Jog – 28th December
- NYSD XC Ormesby Hall – 9th January
- Temple Newsam Ten – 9th January
- Brass Monkey Half Marathon – 16th January
- NYSD XC Richmond – 6th February
- Muddy Boots – 6th February
- NYSD XC Whitby – 6th March
How do I?….
- I have a question or want to tell you something
- I want to sign up for an event
- I want to attend a training session
- I want to purchase kit
- I want to claim a club record
- I want to read about our clubs history
- I want to tell our members about our business or see what business they support
- I want to see what discounts are available to me
- I want to read our clubs processes or policies
Last week we mentioned that Deborah Baldwin-Sykes and Sarah Neve were racing at the Beamish hall 10km Wild deer event last week, results are now in. Running together the ladies finished in 1:35:38/9.
Full results for the 10km can be found here
Shirley Gibson was our only competitor at the Yorkshire marathon today, competing with her England vest on for the day Shirley finished 1st F75 in a time of 04:32:08. In the 10 miler it was Joanne Chapman who was flying the club banner finishing in an excellent 01:38:04. Fantastic running from you both! Results for both races can be found here
Down on the Yorkshire Coast, we had three of our athletes competing at the 10km race. This race which is described as mainly flat is a popular one on the racing calendar and our runners all had a good run around the course which starts at Scarborough SPA. Phil Teece was first round of the three finishing 2nd V60 on the day in 41.36, this on the back of little training while Iain Girard and Hamish Laishley ran together finishing in 59.21. Great work by you all. Full results can be found here
Another race to take place on Sunday morning was the North Tyneside 10k a race which starts at the Parks Sports Centre in North Shields before heading down to North Shields Fish Quay and winding along the coast taking in Tynemouth Priory and Castle, the seafront, Spanish City and St Mary’s Lighthouse. Once again we had three athletes competing (one showing under the old club name), Dave Tomlinson first of the three to finish in 41:34 with wife Sarah having an excellent run to go sub 50 in 49:45 with Anneli Mackenzie-Brown who has completed this event multiple times finishing in 56:14. Great work!
Full results can be found here
In Other News
“Lies, damned lies, and statistics”Mark Twain
Now the dust has settled on the Senior League, Trevor McDermot has pulled together some statistics to highlight how dominant the club was in this years T&F season. Unfortunately due to the inactivity of the Top Division the club will remain in their current division but we will do it all again next year.
Individual statistics can be found here
Lee Johnson and Amy Pickworth announced their engagement this week after Lee popped the question….at Gilling West after a hill rep session! Having run up Gilling West personally, it may have been the euphoria of getting to the top which overwhelmed them both but fantastic news for them both. Congratulations to you both from everyone at the club.
In other news Samantha Richardson became Professor Samantha Richardson after completing the qualification in Respiratory Rehabilitation. Just goes to show, work hard and get your reward. This is definitely Prof is in the pudding.
Dave Tomlinson prepared for his Sunday race by brushing up on his cookery skills at an Indian cookery course at Blackfriars Hotel as part of his 50th birthday celebrations. Speaking to Dave about the course he said he could have curried on cooking all weekend but his naan said he had to take a break and Korma over and see her instead.
Elswick Harriers are pleased to announce the running of the Norman Woodcock Relays to be held at Gosforth Park Racecourse on Saturday 20th November with a 12.30pm start time.
You can enter via the Run Britain web site https://www.runbritain.com/
• All teams must have a minimum of one female athlete in their team.
Course: One flat lap of 1.66 miles per leg.
• Age Group Categories:
Seniors (Ages 16 to 39).
V40 (40 to 49)
V50 (50 to 59)
V60 & Over Teams
Awards at the club’s discretion.