Up & Coming Events
- Croft 5k – 4th December 10:30
- NYSD XC Summerhill, Hartlepool – 5th December
- McTaggart Trot – 19th December
- Club Handicap – December TBC
- Jolly Holly Jog – 28th December
- NYSD XC Ormesby Hall – 9th January
- Temple Newsam Ten – 9th January
- Brass Monkey Half Marathon – 16th January
- Marathon Paarlauf – 23rd January
- NYSD XC Richmond – 6th February
- Muddy Boots – 6th February
- NYSD XC Whitby – 6th March
How do I?….
- I have a question or want to tell you something
- I want to sign up for an event
- I want to attend a training session
- I want to purchase kit
- I want to claim a club record
- I want to read about our clubs history
- I want to tell our members about our business or see what business they support
- I want to see what discounts are available to me
- I want to read our clubs processes or policies
Mark Milner completed the last event of the Hardmoors Super Slam competition on Saturday, the 80 mile race. Mark completed this particular event in 20hrs 11minutes and 9 seconds. To put Mark’s Super Slam adventures into some perspective, Mark has ran 385 miles in 104 hours 14 minutes and 14 seconds. Incredible feat Mark…..although I imagine quite blistered feet! I doff my cap to you!
Darlington once again hosted the NYSD Cross Country after a few years in the wilderness. Team captains Bernadette Caygill and Jade Hutchinson rallied the troops to ensure we had a good turnout for the club. Croft XC is a multi lap event which sees a variety of distances ranging from the U11 boys and girls race which is 1.2k which consists of a small lap plus the finish section to a 8.2km (4 laps plus the finish) for the men including the U20’s.
Again there was some impressive results throughout the age groups including team wins for both the men and women and just goes to show how important it is to have everyone scrapping for positions as each point makes a huge difference in these events.
I probably sound like a broken record but can’t speak highly enough for all the volunteers who helped set up, take down the course signage, the marshals and time keepers and everybody who helps to make these events happen. Thank you from everyone!
On 30th December I am looking to hold a Winter Handicap Race (two races to be precise) at South Park. There will be a 1 mile race and a 3 mile race. More details to follow on this one but this will be a free event for all club members.
This weekend Lee Hammond was out and about continuing with his marathon a month fund raiser, this time starting at Robin Hoods Bay. The weather wasn’t ideal by all accounts with a ferocious headwind and rain to contend with but as always Lee got the job done, assisted for a number of miles with Phil Teece. Well done Lee keep it going!
You can follow Lee’s exploits on Instagram on runhammondrun page.