Up & Coming Events
- Northern Road Relays – 18th September
- 130th Year anniversary Games – 22nd September
- NYSD XC Acklam – 3rd October
- London Marathon – 3rd October
- Manchester Marathon – 10th October
- Yorkshire Marathon – 17th October
- NYSD XC Foxrush – 24th October
- NYSD XC Croft – 14th November
- Croft 5k – 4th December 10:30
- NYSD XC Summerhill, Hartlepool – 5th December
- Club Handicap – December TBC
- NYSD XC Ormesby Hall – 9th January
- NYSD XC Richmond – 6th February
- NYSD XC Whitby – 6th March
How do I?…..
- I have a question or want to tell you something
- I want to sign up for an event
- I want to attend a training session
- I want to purchase kit
- I want to claim a club record
- I want to read about our clubs history
- I want to tell our members about our business or see what business they support
- I want to see what discounts are available to me
- I want to read our clubs processes or policies
There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you doDerek Jeter, former professional baseball player
Dave McKenna was the solo Harrier at the Lakeland Trails event in Keswick last Sunday. To see how Dave got on in the 15km race, click here for full results. Spoiler alert he was 23rd but 3rd Dave on the day!
South park 20 was a great success last Saturday with the weather being kind again to the athletes and spectators. We even saw the course record get smashed in spectacular fashion. For more details of the event click here
Some of our athletes were in action this week at the NECAA Track Relays at Jarrow, for further information on the event click here
It’s the Great North Run Weekend, an event which is into it’s 40th year after it’s introduction in 1981. Our juniors kicked things off for us on Saturday with some very impressive results (full results can be found here), Harry Lyons was first home in an impressive 13.38 with Ollie Curran following in 16.02, Freya Talman 1st junior girl in 16.53.
The Brown family had a trip to Kew (Kew Barney McGrew, Cuthbert Dibble, Grubb) for the England Masters 10k at Kew Gardens with all three of our athletes finishing with excellent results. Full results of the day can be found here
Saturday also saw Amanda Waller taking on yet another long distance challenge as she headed to the Lake District at the Keswick Mountain Festival 25 a race which is graded “Hard!”…..shock! Former Darlington Harrier Darren Gee also competing on the day. Results have yet to be released.
On Sunday we saw the main event of the weekend, an event which local runner Marc Scott won the men’s race. Some fantastic performances right the way through the senior section on the day, Andrew Buckley being top dog finishing in an impressive 1:18:13 on the new out and back course. Big shout out to Catherine Anderson who absolutely smashed everyone in her age category by a whole 18 minutes! “ELITE” Well done everyone who ran, hope you had a good run and enjoyed the occasion. Full results can be found here
|Emma Jane Johnson||27723||02:59:21|
Wes Tarn has been working hard to recover from a recent injury and we were fortunate to catch him in action. Say “Cheese”….looks like there may be some onion and peppers too! #athlete
Cleveland Orienting Klub have introduced a Couch 2 Green course through October and November, Anyone interested should contact the email address below.