On Sunday 7th February our Speed & Foundation Groups are running a “Sprintathon Relay” – 210x 200m (+195m) – this is a Marathon distance (42,195 metres).
The Speed & Foundation Groups have split into two relay teams of 13 (one coach to twelve athletes) to complete 16(ish) x 200m each for two reasons:
- Coaches Ste & Andy thought it would be fun and push the athletes out of their comfort zones!
- To raise some funds for club
- Ste & Andy just love competing against each other!
The athletes will use a GPS watch as their “baton” to measure and time the relay (with a good old stopwatch and lap counters as back up!)
If you’d like to donate and be in with a chance of a prize please do so HERE.
When you donate you will be asked two questions:
- Which team do you think will record the fastest marathon time (Team Ste or Team Andy)
- What time you think the winning team will get (to the nearest second)
Get the right team and the closest time and you’ll be receiving a prize!! Other prizes will be given through a prize draw (to be drawn after the event) – every donation you make will add your name to the hat – remember you can donate as many times as you like (more donations = more chances of a prize).
Available Prizes (there may be more added before the draw is made):
- One month subscription to New Levels Coaching online classes
- One of 5 entries to the Gateshead Half Marathon (currently planned for 4th April 2021)
- One free event entry to all DHAC Track & Field Meets in 2021 (excluding The Kieran Maxwell Open)
- One article of upper body clothing from RunThrough Kit
- One article of lower body clothing from RunThrough Kit
For information here are some average 200m reps the teams would have to run to “break” some records:
Fastest Marathon: 1:59.40 (Eliud Kipchoge) – 211x 34s 200m
Men’s World Record: 2:01.39 (Eliud Kipchoge) – 211x 34.5s 200m
Women’s World Record: 2:14.04 (Brigid Kosgei) – 211x 38.1s 200m
Men’s British Record: 2:05.11 (Mo Farah) – 211x 35.6s 200m
Women’s British Record: 2:15.25 (Paula Radcliffe) – 211x 38.5s 200m
DHAC Club Record: 2:16.00 (Max Coleby) – 211x 38.6s 200m
Fastest Known 200m Marathon Relay: 1:30.40 (Kansas City Mixed Team) – 211x 25.7s 200m (they did have 60 athletes though)
Massive thank you to our supporters for this fundraiser: