A flat and fast course that is ideal for all runners looking to enjoy a fun, and safe, environment with your friends and family. With the addition of the kids 2km fun run (ages 8 to 15), there really is something for all the family.
Prizes will be awarded for the top male and females. There will also be team prizes and age cat prizes as well as £100 bonus for anyone breaking the Pitstop 10k course record (applies to both Men’s & Women’s events)
A flat and fast traffic free course. Everyone finishes in the finishing straight on this historic race circuit.
Food and drinks will be available. Limited late entries may be available.
Entry is via RaceBest – click HERE
Please use the Contact page to get in touch with any questions about this event
|1.2k Junior Fun Run (ages 8 to 15)||£5.00|
2020-37106 (Click HERE to view)
Event information is included below, so please read carefully
For reference, “Social Distancing” means that everyone should keep 2m apart from other people who are not part of your household (this includes other runners, volunteers and members of the public). Groups should consist of no more than 6 people and these groups should be seen as distinct by maintaining 10m between groups.
We have a huge amount of parking available at the race track and with races being broken down into smaller groups there should be ample space for all participants. The toilets outside of the number collection point will be open for use from 8:30.
Numbers are to be collected from the main reception area. Please be aware of your number before going to the pickup desk (see below). Please bring a pen/pencil to write your emergency contact details and any essential medical information on the back of your number. Pins will be available if you should forget to bring some with you.
There will NOT be a chip on the back of your number; the race will be manually timed with runners set off based on their expected finishing times.
Once you have your number please ensure your warm up is not impacting any athletes who may be finishing their race.
Note: there will be a sanitising station available for athletes in the reception area
|Junior Fun Run||16:30||17:30|
Your bib number is also the start order for your race. For example we will line you up across the track in groups of 15 – 20 runners and set each wave off at 10 second intervals. These are based on times supplied by you, but whilst we want to reduce overtaking it is still allowed, but please refrain from creating a group of runners.
For example, for the under 20:00 runners in the 5k race
Number 1 to 25 will start at 18.15
Numbers 26 to 45 will start at 18.15 + 10 secs
Numbers 51 to 75 will start at 18.15 + 20 secs
Course / Start & Finish
Map below is the 5km outline (the 10km race will start from the chicane) but the racing line is the same for all races. Please note, running off the racing line could add additional metres (think corner to corner rather than running around bends) which would impact your overall time. Course has been measured several times and double checked for accuracy but appreciate watches and GPS may give various readings.
When you have crossed the finish line, you will be signposted to the exit. Please collect your medal on you way out, where water will also be available for you.
Could we ask that if you intend to do a cool down that this is out of the race circuit away from the athletes still competing on the course.
All results pertaining to this event, and others, can be found on our Results page.
FINAL START LISTS – 06/04/21 09:00
UKA Participant Code of Conduct
Please ensure that you read and observe this code of conduct to ensure a safe and enjoyable event for everyone.
- Do not travel to the event if you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 as outlined by the NHS
- Do your homework – make sure you are aware of and understand the pre-race briefing information offered by your event
- Come ready to run – minimise your interaction with race staff, volunteers and participants by being as self-sufficient as possible
- Come alone if you can
- Under no circumstances swap your number or give your place to another participant
- Be respectful to volunteers and participants
- Observe social distancing wherever possible
- Carefully consider your travel plans, avoiding public transport if at all possible
- Leave more time than you normally would to get to and from the event
- Be prepared to bring your own water and food and carry it with you during the race and please dispose of rubbish responsibly
- Be aware of your personal hygiene e.g. avoid spitting and nasal clearance
- Be mindful of your surroundings and impact on other participants, spectators, volunteers and the public. Don’t run with or carry children in the race.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer
- If you experience COVID-19 symptoms soon after the event, then please make this known through the government’s Track & Trace system
Click HERE for further guideline downloads